Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Getting paint in my hair and ruining my eyes.

In other words, having a great time! I love painting so much. Art of any sort is a passion for me and to be back in the world of painting is so exciting. Normally, i like to paint really large hand stretched canvas at least 3 ft by 2 ft. Realistically, between working 40 to 60 and sometimes even 80 hours a week on top of being a mom to two high energy kids and renovating... well who has time to paint a canvas that large? I certainly don't... at least not the intensive way i normally paint.

This led to a huge void in painting in my life until a fellow OWL and Etsian Erin of CagedBirdSings and maker of stunning stained glass windchimes, inspired me to get painting again. Another fellow artist and Etsy OWL LuckyTwentyOne suggested i try the smaller 8 inch by 10 inch canvas. They are a much easier task to find time to complete. I thank the both of them for the artistic nudge in a productive direction.

As a result... forward rolls the "One Crazy Spring" series of paintings. I present to you "Lolly-pop Phobia":
"Sergei is terribly afraid of lolly-pops. The problem is, he works in a candy factory... his parents' candy factory. He is going through an anti-phobia program to confront these fears... it's kinda working."

The second new painting i've recently finished up is "Too Early for Breakfast":

"Daphne is not a morning person. Her little brother is unfortunately. Secretly, she cannot wait until he is a teen too and has to deal with blemishes and mood swings and hormones. Right now however, she would just be happy to have him sleep in until at LEAST 7 AM. "

If you like what you see here and you paint too, i would love to see what you are working on these days or what inspires you... please leave a little comment and a link so i can spy your art.






2 comments:

  1. These are AWESOME! You are so talented. I love that you put the little background stories with the paintings. I can totally relate to Daphne. I wish I knew how to paint, but I don't, so I don't have a link for you. I can't wait to see what else you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for following More Yarn Please. What a great discovery to find your blog - your talents are amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete